Wednesday, August 14, 2013

1987

The year began in Rock Island, where I finished up the run of Mame at Circa '21 Dinner Playhouse. Then I got cast as Ali Hakim in Oklahoma! there, so I stayed on for that. There was a significant romance, ultimately doomed because of long distances.

Back again to Galveston for the summer. Same two shows, The Lone Star and Hello Dolly!. Earning Equity Candidacy points. An excellent pre-show quartet, before both shows: We called ourselves The Four Basic Food Groups.

I turned 24.

Then came a run of Two By Two at the Sunshine Dinner Playhouse in Champaign, Illinois. I played youngest son Japheth.

This was the life of a professional actor. A gypsy, a vagabond. It was, basically, a lonely life. That's why the EMC points were important to me; they gave me a sense that I was at least working towards something: an Equity card.

No comments:

Post a Comment