Friday, July 29, 2022

2013...the rest of the story

On 7/21/13, I started a series of daily posts wherein I counted down to my 50th birthday, looking at each year in my life. An exercise in navel-gazing to be sure, but it's actually proved useful since then, when I've wanted to remember when exactly something happened. So I thought I would continue that effort, bringing things up to the present.

On my birthday that year, I wrote about the first 2/3 of 2013, so here's what happened in the remaining third:

The now-defunct Nashville Arts Magazine published a nice article about me.

I attended a 50th birthday celebration for my dear friend Terry Fluker in Memphis.

We made a trip to Las Vegas to visit my brother and his wife; while there, we saw the Cirque du Soleil show Love, and Penn and Teller.

I Want My Hat Back won second place for best animated short in the children's jury of the Chicago International Children's Film Festival!

And there were two Nashville Public Library-related events: The library hosted a free screening of my animated films in October, and in December I got to puppeteer the Grandfather for Wishing Chair Productions' lovely A Child's Calendar.

That's 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment